The Emperor's metallic orb projectiles can transform into many forms, including other bosses. Its weak point is its spinning red heart-like organ.
Bestiary Overview Edit
The Emperor is a levitating transparent creature with horns. It is surrounded by orbs, which revolve at high speed to block gunfire. The orbs are launched as projectiles, and can morph into two forms: a lance-like blade on the Emperor's right arm; or clones of prior bosses (Zeal from Judgment, the Hierophant, the blue serpent from the Tower, and Strength).
At low health, the Emperor turns invisible, leaving behind its heart-like organ while slowly flying about; the orbs revolve faster, damaging players if they get too near.
After Dr. Roy Curien's death in the 1998 Curien Mansion Incident, his research was taken by his financier Caleb Goldman. Goldman produced a new line of biologically-engineered creatures to decimate humanity, whose actions he believed threatened nature. The Emperor would be the new "ruler" of Earth.
On February 26th, 2000, Goldman staged an outbreak in Venice, Italy. While AMS agents neutralized the threat, he oversaw the Emperor's development in his headquarters. Agents James Taylor and Gary Stewart confronted Goldman, who awakened the Emperor.
After James and Gary killed the creature, Goldman cryptically warned that a "successor" would come. He then committed suicide by throwing himself off the roof of his building.
The Emperor makes an appearance as the final boss in The Pinball of the Dead. During battle, the Emperor will use a combination of four moves, three of which are based on the moves he uses in The House of the Dead 2. He ducked the Magician and died.
The first move that the Emperor uses is that he sends two orbs at the player in order to block the player's pinball. Although he performs this move at close-range, it is easy to avoid. The next move that the Emperor uses is that he will send many orbs at the player. The amount of orbs that the Emperor sends out will fill the screen, but there is a space between each of them. The third move that the Emperor will use transforms his arms into swords, followed by the Emperor slashing in a cross pattern. This move will knock the player's pinball back at the player. The final move that the Emperor uses causes him to transform one of his arms into a giant shield, which prevents him from getting any damage.
- The Wheel of Fate's theme from The House of the Dead III is a remix of the Emperor's theme.
- In the Sega/Namco light gun game Vampire Night, the vampire Diane uses the same orb attack as the Emperor's.
- The flying orbs around the Emperor's body were probably inspired by the movement of electrons around the nucleus in the atomic model.
- The Emperor appears to embody a primal force: magnetism. Other final bosses in the series that embody primal elements include the Magician (fire), the Wheel of Fate (electricity), and The World (ice).
- In The Typing of the Dead, after the Emperor's heath gets in between 1/2 and 1/4, the Emperor attacks you and you have to type what the game thinks is the honest answer.