- "I COVET ALL THE WORLD."
- ―The Moon[src]
The 'Moon' (ムーン) is a tree-like behemoth. It is the final boss in House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn. Thornheart made the creature as part of Noah's Ark, a plan to allow "new life to be born in a new evolution."
Throughout the battle, the Moon grows into an invulnerable, winged humanoid giant. It cannot be killed by gunfire; only damage to its weak point -- the glowing spot on its forehead -- will delay the Moon's projectile and arm slam attacks.
The battle begins with the Moon throwing small goo projectiles to the players. Shoot them to avoid taking damage. As his right arm appears, he charges it up for a slam attack. Shoot the arm to cancel it. He then grabs Kate and Ryan for a slam attack. The player(s) must shoot the glowing spot on his forehead to cancel it. After this, his left arm appears and the second phase begins.
In the second phase, the Moon Even though. will unleash an orb of energy, homing towards the player. Shoot the orb to cancel the attack. He then throws a huge amount of zombies to the player, though the player only needs to shoot a couple of them to avoid damage. The Moon's body and legs appear. He then charges up an orb of energy and slams it to the ground, creating a small water cyclone moving at high speed. Shoot the tornado to cancel the attack. He will do this attack twice. Moon will charge up his right arm to throw beams of energy, with two more appearing every one beam destroyed. Shoot all the beams to avoid taking damage. Once Moon exposes his wings, the third phase begins.
In the third phase, the Moon will shoot wing-like projectiles toward the player. Shoot all of them to avoid taking damage. He then starts firing fireballs from his mouth, shoot the head to cancel it. He will be doing this twice.
A cutscene plays, where Ryan expresses frustation as the Moon continues to grow, until he spots a metal rod. Struck with an idea, Ryan takes the rod and jumps toward Moon in an attempt to make a last-ditch attack, after which a Quick Time Event occurs, where the player must shoot Moon's forehead. Ryan falls to ground after he successfully jams the rod onto Moon's head. Then, lightning strikes Moon through the rod, burning him to death in the process.
- Moon is the third boss following Temperance and Priestess to not be able to be defeated through normal means. In Moon's case, he is only defeated after Ryan caused lightning to strike Moon, killing him in the process.
- Moon is the second boss following The World that continues to grow after being weakened. It is possible that Moon is meant to be The World's successor, though not officially confirmed.
- The Moon is similar to the Sun in THOTD 3. Both are plantlike bosses, the players orbit the bosses like how planets orbit the Sun and the Moon orbits the Earth, and both employ various hit points for the player to hit.
- The manner in which the Moon is defeated is similar to how DSO Agent Leon S. Kennedy severely damages a mutated Derek C. Simmons in Resident Evil
- This is the first and the only boss in the series where you can beat it without doing anything, though this will require a lot of continues.
- This is the first boss in the series whose entire fight is scripted, meaning that the outcome of the fight will be the same no matter how much the player depleted his HP bar.